At an early age, our parents instilled in us a passion to treat others with a tender heart, and to place ourselves in others' shoes to understand that each of us walks a different path in life. We believe that this mindset has paved the way for our desire to become Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners and Therapists.
The rapport built with each patient and the guidance we provide for each patient is invaluable and rewarding. Psychiatric nursing and mental health is a field that is different from any other area of medicine. We must understand behaviors and react appropriately, concurrently coordinate pharmacology with psychotherapy, and diligently treat each patient with respect and dignity. Over time, we have come to understand the most current science and art of mental health, and still have much to build upon this foundation as studies of mental health grow. Each patient is different, and requires individualized care that is vital for reaching an optimal level of mental health.
At Mindful Matters, we treat throughout the lifespan, beginning at the age of six. We have experience working with many different psychiatric illnesses, as well as experience with diverse populations. We are experienced in treating pediatrics, adolescents, adults, geriatrics, military, teachers, healthcare workers, and first responders. Together, we have 72 years of experience in psychiatry and mental health.
We are grateful for the opportunity to help people reach their full potential when it comes to mental health. We believe that mental health is a cornerstone of overall wellness, and we are proud to provide services to our home community.
Locate Us At:
1613 23rd Ave
Gulfport, Mississippi, 39501
Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Closed each day 12:00pm-1:00pm for lunch
Saturday and Sunday - CLOSED
OVER 1,000 POSITIVE REVIEWS!
SEE BELOW, AND "PROVIDERS" SECTION, TO READ REVIEWS!
Outpatient Mental Health Clinic
A referral is required for all patients under the age of 17. We are not accepting new adult patients for ADHD at this time.
RECENT 5 STAR REVIEWS:
1. MARCH 23, 2023, 5 stars: "I told 2 friends today, after my initial visit, that this may be the best medical appointment I have ever had. Lauren listened to me, spent time with me, and worked with me to address my concerns. I cannot recommend highly enough. Thank you."
2. APRIL 13, 2023, 5 stars: "Everyone is compassionate and kind. That means the world to me and my daughter who is a patient at this facility."
3. APRIL 17, 2023, 5 stars: "Being able to receive therapy from Mindful Matters has been a gift. The professional support and kindness around my recovery has been a true gift. I am grateful beyond words. I would suggest Mindful Matters to anyone who is seeking recovery in a sacred place with caring professionals."
4. APRIL 24, 2023, 5 stars: "Joannie provides a safe and welcoming atmosphere. She has been such a huge help for my daughter dealing with anxiety. We are so glad we found her!"
5. APRIL 25, 2023, 5 stars: "Laura Puffer is an amazing therapist. Highly recommend."